Weekly Take-Home Journal
- Journal is due on Monday or the first day of the week
- Stay on topic
- Write a full page
- This is a semi-finished product so it should be neat, have punctuation and 4th grade spelling.
- Printing needs to be legible and of course there needs to be spaces between words (a first grade skill).
By the end of 4th grade students should be writing...
- An introduction which hooks the readers...
- A minimum of 3 paragraphs which include details supporting the introduction
- A conclusion
- 4th grade spelling, punctuation, and capitalization
4th graders' writings are assessed by the state every year toward the end of January.